Friday, March 17, 2006

What's REALLY on my mind?....


So if someone had ever actually asked me,"Have you ever designed a grenade launcher?" I would have to think long and hard about it. Then I would still have not remembered this loverly hand prop. I did it during my game designer foray with Chewy Software. I'd rub out, er...pound out, uh...I'd draw me up some bad-ass sketchies all fast-like...20,40,70% grey marker renderings real loose-like. Then tighten the line-work with black. Simple as Pi. I'd generate a couple dozen of these over the course of a day and hand them right over the monitors of the 3D modellers. I'd give some art direction and boom; one 3D modelled 'nader.

This puppy was modelled by Shane Duncan. It was his idea to give it the Orkish flav.
h.e.

2 comments:

TMALO70 said...

Nice GAT Yo'...

ORKS in the Mutha-F*ckin' House!!!

TBONE

Fred Schiller said...

I like your sketches better than the 3D version. It kinda lost something in the translation. Something human.