Sunday, September 04, 2011

A Portland Spring: the Buffy Trials, Part Two

OK, so it's time to start squirreling away some time on learning how to draw the characters. First thing was to start with some drawings to see how much I sucked...

...ouch


OK, so let's try a little bit of...

...holy hell.

Well, maybe this time...

Hmmm...


OK.

...sigh.

So maybe I need to take another approach to this, cause CLEARLY I'm blowing at capturing the likenesses of the principles. One thing I know is that I'm NOT going to trace or build a morgue of character shots built-up from screen grabs. The only thing to do is to learn everybody's face, every feature, every filtrum, every plucked eyebrow and every nosejob until I can draw them in my sleep.

First, I'll need a system...

BTW, I've received comments that these postings are misleading readers into believing I am in the running for, or actually got this job. Well, I didn't. I'm posting this for postings sake and some entertaining content.

No comments: