Friday, August 31, 2007

Jack of Fablestone#12

OK, so it's been a LONG time since I've posted some art. I still have one more installment of SDCC to put up, too.
But you guys really deserve a break after sitting so patiently through the San Diego slideshow. Consider this an intermission of sorts.
Although, what's going to suck, my friends, is that I can't (or won't; you decide...) locate a bunch'o breaks for this issue. So try to make due with my paltry offering from that stage. Also, I may not add any of the witty comments you've all become so dependent on me making. I know it really heightens your viewing/slash reading pleasure.

LOL...I actually typed "slash"! I'm just plain tired.

But. I. Must. Post. Art. For. My. Peeps...ugh!


You know what would be REALLY cool!?
If you posted my witty comments for me! *wink*
I stayed up WAY too late last night plotting and mapping the buildings and shops along Bullfinch Street, between Anderson and Kipling Streets (or is it "Andersen"?). I even have the addresses for each shop and building (Chateau D'If Fencing Academy is 10&1/2 Bullfinch).
Why am I doing this? ARP> Awesome Rogue Project.
Plus I'm about to turn in some long overdue commissions...all while finishing JoF#15.
Anyways, I'll try to make up for this shabby, late posting with some nice concept morsels at the bottom of the post. Hope you like!


One more thing: I've taken to keeping all my breakdowns and sketches in a Moleskine for the sake of having everything Jack-related in one place, rather than individual sheets spread all over the place. This is "Broken Crown", the first JoF Workbook (which has just been filled as of this weekend).









Now, here are the pencils in their entirety. The Matador secured the page with the Bedrock reference for his collection, so don't ask...



























See, see? Better than a stick in the eye when you got down here, no?

h.e.

7 comments:

clmcshane said...

I love the expression on the viewscopes at the bottom of breakdown page 2. And the sight of Jack getting a sword jabbed through him always makes me smile and giggle like a fiendish dimwitted minion/sidekick.....

I didn't notice it as much in the comics, but there are some nice steampunk touches on the page 6. Love the gears.....

No witty commentary for the pictures though. :( I will try to think of something that will not shame your standards...

arnie said...

ah yes, the normalicy returns....


peace out

Kathryn said...

hello friend! did you get my airplane call? I got yelled at by the flight attendant due to the "no using electronics" rule for you. No wonder I ended up in Guatemala instead of Honduras.

Tony Akins said...

Eew, Guatemala? The poor mans' Costa Rica?
Yes, I got the air phone call,n sweet and illegal: that's how I like my air phone sex. Not that it was sex...but it just makes the joke work a little harder.
So I guess I'll see you in Decmeber, Kati?
December what?

Barry Crain said...

Tony,
Cannae' express how much I 'm enjoying this stuff...love the Moleskine roughs, and it's intriguing to see you leaving your myriad influences behind & becoming your own holistic deal. It gets harder & harder to look at specifics & say "oh, Tony's getting THIS from THAT..." and I'm admiring your fluidly disciplined storytelling & editing.
Besides which, Kevin Thorne looks kinda like ME...
circa 1985 or so (*hurm*)

Tony Akins said...

LOL,
Kevin Thorn IS so you , Bar!

Fred Schiller said...

Kevin Thorne looks so freaky because he's out taking his gigantic nose for a walk. No one can pull that one off and look normal.