Sunday, September 16, 2007

Jack of Fables #'d the Thirteenth!

Hello, again.
So here's some more art from Jack of FABLES!
Yes, it's sort of another half-assed blog entry, but hell...you LOVE those, right?
Truthfully, sometimes to get a book out on time Creators are called on to make sacrifices by sharing the workload. Jack is fortunate enough to have gads of talented people ready to step in when needed; Russ Braun is one of those talented folks. Russ and I will share some of the upcoming issues for scheduling reasons.
But don't worry (because you look very worried), I've just completed the entirety of JoF#15 and have 6-7 nice scripts lined up and ready to tackle!

Per usual, I'll lead off with breaks for the issue. Oddly, there are breaks to pages that I can't find the actual scanned pencils to. But you love a mystery, don't you...my wittle mystewy marmots.

There's also a patch here. Sometimes a panel will get changed late in the game (after Andrew has already inked it) and I'll come in and re-draw and ink the new patch. I'll even adhere the patch to the page with my own highly adhesive bile, just like Toombs in that X FILES episode, but sexier.

Speaking of sex things; I had the luck to see the "FAMILY GUY LIVE" performance at the Chicago Theater last night. Paul Mounts secured tickets and I got to tag along with he and his son Logan and his friend Ari. It was a BLAST!
If you have a chance to see it, do it!

And now... some of Jack 13.




















Man, looking at this you have to be glad that all this costs you is time!
What a half-assed show! I'm a-gonna make up for it to all y'all, no lie.
I've got some shit comin' that'll turn your poo purple!
Sure, laugh now. But when you sitting at a proctologist's office in a paper gown trying to stop the wave-after-wave of Barney earworms...well, you'll either thank me or wish a plague on my heart.

That's all I'm saying.
h.e.

No comments: