Sunday, September 16, 2007

Jack of Fables#14 Production

Two gullet-wrenching, scrotum-shriveling JoF art entries in a single day!?

Fablastic!

Again, where some of the pages have gotten to are of little concern to me at this stage; I just need to get these entries up to date! You don't mind, do you? So turn off the Emmy Awards and grab a piping hot mug of lung chutney and relax as I present art to pluck at your rods and cones.

We start, per usual, with the breakdowns for the ish. Again, I've taken to keeping all work at this stage in Moleskine workbooks.


It wasn't until I had progressed to the penciling of Page 2 that I realized this was a very potent image from my dreams. So all you psych-types have at reading into this.


In the script Bill had the Librarians all whispering in hushed tones. At the same time he had asked for them to be kitted out in start* gear. So the note to Angela in the break is to address this point.








Andrew popped an artery when he had to ink all the detail on the Librarians. Poppin' an artery is fine by me. I was really more worried that the sight and effort of these pages would liquify the contents of his bowels explosively, the resulting jet propelling him out of his seat and through a window to his demise. What? It's happened to me before. That's why I wear a helmet when I work. And cheap jeans...



Checking my perspective? Trust me,you'll only be disappointed. Editorial had me add the insert of Gus. This made the page work so much better.





* if you read Neal Stephenson, you know that this is his contraction for "state of the art".

Thanks for rezzin' by!
h.e.

2 comments:

clmcshane said...

Two sets of drawings in one day?

You are going to spoil us, Tony - love the perspective on the raid.

As always, the breakdowns are fascinating and I like reading our scribbled notes on the pages...

Poor Andrew, but I'm sure he would agree the final result is totally worth the artery.

Anonymous said...

You have some interesting (and funny) things in your breakdowns. Especially the man on the far right in the birds eye view. It's a little funnier if you're familiar with the fantod deck.