Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Jack of Fables#15, Breakdowns(Unh!)& Pencils

OK, so I'm a little depressed...This issue, #15, will be the last issue you'll see me on until issue #21. I know, I know.

Let's just pretend that things are proceeding swimmingly. You go...look at the pretty pictures. Go on!

*turns head, bites knuckle to right hand*



Off to a scramble with a scribble is what my Grammie always said (not really, she was a deaf/mute, but could kick like a mule!). This is the first pass at getting the flow for Page #1: it didn't fly...

So I was prodded into doing a revised break, which works a little better. I was on the phone the other day with Alex Ross. He was incredulous when I told him that I submit thumbnails of my pages still. It's just a part of the process that makes the job easier for me in the long run.


LOL...I had to do this one over again, too. Normally Shelly would let me get away with this sort of thing. But she wants to make sure that I'm toeing the line now that I'm under Anglela's Editorship. The revised breakdown is a .tiff, which won't load on this site.


Ah, finally some real continuity. It was a treat having to draw three types of giants for this part of the story. I really wanted to make it seem that Wicked John had put some miles behind him in the course of his adventuring. So I tried to make the environment for each giant different.


Look, I'm just going the throw these up so you can look at what's what. I'm frustrated and bored and don't feel much like writing.




























































































3 comments:

clmcshane said...

Tony- you know we love you and your art, don't you? Well, if you don't, we do.

Russ is welcome into the "family" because new members of the "family" are always welcome, and everyone brings something unique and special to Mr. Willingham's wonderful creation.

This detracts nothing from you.You are Tony "Tonk" Akins of Cinderella's slipper logo, Jack's outrageous expressions and rest of the crackastic world you've shown us and you always will be.

Now go hug a pretty lady, then go do something silly like making faces at the penguins at the zoo or something else that makes you smile.

We'll miss you, but we've have the door unlocked, the hallway light on , the welcome mat out and the cider in the fridge. We'll put out the Hiya Tonk! banner for Issue 21.

Tony Akins said...

Thanks you, Cinders!
I had no idea I sounded so mopey!
The Fables Family is awesome and welcoming and there's no better place in comics, that's what I think.

ShojinStudios said...

Hey Ton, Thanks for letting me pick your brain. These little doo hickies really teach me and i think others how to construct and de-construct a comic page. Honest from an artist POV it helps to rethink how i should go about putting a page together. Don't stop what your doin' 'cus you're doin' it right! My grammie used to say that, minus the slang and in Spanish. Thanks Akey!