Thursday, December 07, 2006

Actually, Make That An UBER-Nerd!




How cool is this? Wait don't answer that. Just read;

" Thanks Richard for passing this along. Mr. Akins, that is still the
big $64,000 question. We are very much convinced via communications
intelligence (COMINT) from the midget sub itself, that they had
survived the attack. There were two radio transmissions received by
the mother submarine - one after nightfall on the 7th and the second
just after midnight on the 8th. Now, what has happened. I think one
way of determining is to conduct a Line of Sight (LOS) analysis using
some sophisticated geospatial information system (GIS) software. The
process would involve positioning the mother sub in her approximate
position near the rendezvous coordinates and then move the midget
submarine through the interior locks of the harbour to see were an HF
transmission would be free from the surrounding terrain and vegetation
of the Oahu."

"Unfortunately, the Navy has banned any attempts to conduct sonar
soundings through the side locks, and I doubt if they would entertain
such an attempt. Also, it would cost a great deal of money."

"Not sure if this helps you. I and my other "Gang of Four" would be
more than happy to entertain your questions and critique.

Respectfully,

John Rodgaard
Senior Imagery Analyst
The Boeing Company S&IS Mission Systems

Captain USN Reserve"

Mr. Rodgaard was kind enough to email me AGAIN after attending a ceremony this evening that had two PH survivors in attendance. He also cautioned me about a point of speculation, not contained in this entry, until other possibilities can be eliminated.
I'm going to be UP all night thinking about this! :~D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, you are. but what would that make me for being interested?

think, we always thought it was an all out airial assault. but a sub sneaking in to pearl and torpedoing the battleships. that is history changing!

Kathryn said...

hola! what would make you jealous? school is out and I spend my days french toasting peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (try it if you like french toast and pb&j individually), listening to music, reading and trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the year left that I have here.

and it's not 11 degrees. thank goodness. it is rainy and muddy. and I'll leave out my roommates, spidey and sense.

abrazos!
k-money

Anonymous said...

Know what Tony there was a special on this very topic on channel 11(my cable wannabe channel) a few months back! There was even one survivor, well one guy who literally got to the uboat too late and got left behind. Pretty interesting stuff! Oh and by the way is that ARNIE GORDON??? Arnie that u??! I'm gonna go make me some of Kathryn's french toast peanut butter and jelly sandwiches catch u all latas! Oh, Tony have u checked out Andy's web-comic-page yet?

Anonymous said...

yes, the one and only ShojinStudios. i met Tony a couple of cons ago, we talked briefly as he hurried back to his hotel to pack for his flight. since then i became an admirer of his work, and Fables. now i just come her because he finds the most interesting stuff to talk about. like hidden subs at pearl harbor, and french PB&j's....

peace out

Kathryn said...

greetings! how will you spend your new year's? I will be visiting my friend in a near by town, eating sushi, eating grapes, and dressing 'whore-ish' for fun. basically, what I'd be doing in Chicago. have a great new year's doll!